Our 80GSM X-Weave mesh is a Diamond Pattern construction, with 2 additional cross weave stitches within each mesh. It is a STRONG and most importantly VERSATILE netting, with its primary applications being:
- Small Mesh Anti Bird Netting (perfect for excluding smaller birds but still allows bees to enter)
- Heavy Duty Bird netting for Vineyards / Orchards (80 GSM is near double the weight of your average hardware store variety)
- Added Hail Protection due to the X-Weave pattern (whilst keeping a very low Shade Percentage)
The main benefit of the X-weave design is to allow the mesh size to be reduced for small birds and hail, whilst keeping weight and overall shade creation to a minimum.
Manufacture: 380D High Density Polyethylene Knotless
Mesh Size: 14mm x 14mm (+ additional interior Cross Weaves)
(internal spacing between x thread approx. 6mm)
GSM (Grams per Sq Metre) : 80
Overall Weight: 31KG
Overall Bundle Size: 50m x 10m
- Small Mesh Anti Bird Netting
- Heavy Duty Bird netting for Vineyards / Orchards
- Added Hail Protection due to the X-Weave pattern
Laws relating to household use in Victoria (NOT applicable for Commercial growers)
Recent new regulations have been introduced in the State of Victoria which affects the sale and purchase off certain styles of bird netting for fruit tree use in households only. The law states that fruit netting for Household use must have a mesh-size of 5 mm x 5 mm or less. Based on this criteria this particular netting is not available for sale into VIC for personal household use. The law does not apply to anyone growing for commercial use. Therefore, to purchase this net in VIC, you will need to enter your ABN number found near the add to cart button.