This item has an added Flame Retardant (FR treatment as per UL-94, V2), making it an ideal option for installation where flame tolerances have been specified.
A Safety Alert (dated 17/8/18) from Safe Work NSW alerts users to the fire hazards associated with containment netting or equivalent used in the construction industry, and the measures that should be implemented to control the associated risks.
Recently a serious fire developed on a building remediation site when containment netting fixed to multi-storey scaffolding ignited. The fire resulted in the deployment of emergency services and required the evacuation of personnel from the work site and building.
The containment netting involved in the incident was manufactured from polyurethane (PE) with fiberglass re-enforced banding. A fire retardance substance was not included in its manufacture. Whilst fire hazard properties have not been tested, it has been observed that the material is highly flammable.
Haverford therefore has worked closely with the manufacturer to offer this product which contains a Fire Retardant.
This Quatra brand FR netting is easily identifiable by the single Red “fleck” seen in the product images.
Fire Retardant Specifications:
- Colour: Black with Red Fleck
- Test Method: ISO 1805
- FR treatment: NFPA-701 Test Method 2
- Detailed specifications of test results available upon request
Thermal Properties ASTM Test method Metric Units
Flame Spread Index ASTM E84 tunnel test 98 (class 3 or C)
Smoke Developed index ASTM E84 tunnel test 350
Our 6Ply High Density Polyethylene Knotted Netting is a 1st Grade, light weight, high strength netting suitable for permanent Bird Control installations. The 6/Strand & Black colour design ensures the netting is unobtrusive, and the high GSM ensures the netting is designed to last, even in trying environmental conditions.
This netting is simple and efficient to work with. Being a square mesh design, it can significantly reduce installation times and labor costs. This netting won't pull or stretch in either direction, which allows for precise installations in warehouses and factories. It's hard wearing properties also make this netting an ideal choice for use as a permanent orchard Cover.
Our Quatra branded 6ply HDPE square Mesh Knotted net is a leading product for specification into tenders and construction designs throughout Australia and New Zealand. As testament to the reliability and quality, this netting is the selected product of over 25 prominent professional Bird Proofing Installers, resellers and organisations throughout Australia.
- Warehouse / Factory Bird Control where FR netting is specified
- Commercial Bird Netting Application
- Building rooftop stone access prevention for birds
- Domestic Sheds and Verandah bird control netting
- Permanent Installation for Orchard Bird Protection
- Ideal for Sparrow sized birds & larger
- Colour: Black with Red Fleck
- Manufacture: 500denier / 6ply High Density Polyethylene
- Mesh Size: 19mm x 19mm
- Twine Thickness: 1.0mm
- GSM: 54 Grams Per Square Metre
- Overall Bundle Size: 25m x 15m
- UV Stabilised
- Square Mesh Design
- Knotted / Twisted Construction
- Rope marker ties in corners of net for quick and simple unpacking & identification
- Effective, Durable, Discreet, Immediate Bird Control
- HDPE will not absorb water, therefore not changing the properties of the netting during inclement weather.
- The square mesh design also allows for the provision of Zipper installation into the netting. Many commercial and industrial bird proofing installations require Zipper access to Lighting and electrical equipment.
- Twine Breaking Strength: 15.3 KGF
- Knot Breaking Strength: 20.0 KGF
- Note: These do not relate to the overall weight capacity of the net, and are indicative of individual strands only.
Bulk and Wholesale inquiries are welcomed on this range of product.