Haverford sports net cages feature both the highest quality netting and manufacturing finishes. These nets are designed to cater for cricket clubs, commercial applications, and for high-end residential setups.
This item is the “net only” option. Select this option if you plan to create your own supporting structure. The net itself is a high quality 10m x 3m x 3m “1-piece” design, with all edges and finishes crafted to a very high standard. It has tie ropes in each corner, as well as the centre point… and also comes with a pre-fitted impact CURTAIN NET approx. 30cm from the rear of the cage. The roof is a “half-roof”, being 5m in length.
If you need advice on supporting structures please see below.
Residential Open End Cricket Cage Net
This cage is made of the same material as our standard cricket net panels, ensuring it is designed for extended outdoor use, even for adults at a high level. The size has been reduced compared to the other cages, making it an ideal option for residential spaces where size may be limited.
Being open ended, it allows for full length run up of bowlers, similar to your traditional cricket-nets setup. The cage-net features a Heavy Duty Hitting Curtain located at the end behind the batter. This is a key factor that ensures the lifespan of your netting. All edges are professionally finished with 6mm overlock stitched rope, and tie ropes are conveniently positioned for tying onto your frame or wire supports. The roof extends half way only, allowing for the loop of spin bowlers in particular.
The net is all 1-piece (you don't need to join all the panels together)
• Loosely hung Curtain net at rear of cage behind batter
• Made of Heavy Duty 2mm (36ply) High Density Polyethylene
• UV treated - Suitable for permanent outdoor use
• 44mm Square Mesh Size
• Overlocked and stitched 6mm rope borders on all edges
• Attachment ropes in corners
• Roof Extends Half Way only (suitable for spin bowling practice)
• Frame not included
Residential and club grade Cricket Netting
Frame options (not included)
As described above, this listing is for a “Net-Only” option. You will only receive the cage net by purchasing this item. Obviously the net will need support of some description, so here a few of your options:
1. If the net is going on a grassed area, (or at least the frame supports are on a grassed area), you could look at our Backyard Sports Net Support Poles. These have a spiked base for going into turf, and are supported by Stainless Steel wire supports tent pegged into the ground. This is an excellent, semi-permanent installation that can be left up all year round… without the need for concreting and costly heavy duty materials.
2. The net is designed to last 10+ years, so if you plan on making this a permanent setup in your backyard you might be considering something a little more heavy duty for your frame support. In this case, previous customers have utilised some of the following concepts:
a. Steel or Timber Posts (approx. 100mm Sq) are installed in each corner, as well as the intermediate points (6 poles total). These are concreted into the ground. A Stainless Wire Rope (approx. 3mm) is then suspended in between the top of each pole. This acts as a support for the net, which can be attached to the wire using a series of Carabiners. The wire will need to be tensioned slightly using a Turnbuckle, and fastened at each end using Wire Rope Grips. Please feel free to call our friendly staff for assistance with this type of Permanent installation.
b. Scaffolding type “steel-tube setups” have also been used on Hard-Surfaces where drilling or Turf Spiking is not an option.
Bulk and Wholesale inquiries are welcomed on this range of product.