X-Weave 40 mesh is a strong, light-weight and versatile netting perfect for “small mesh” anti-bird netting applications, vineyards, orchards and additionally for hail protection. Its diamond pattern construction features FOUR additional cross-weave stitches within each mesh. The material UV-treated and (as the mesh size is 5mm or under) is legal for both residential AND commercial use in Victoria.
Our 40GSM (Grams Per Square Metre) X-Weave mesh is a Diamond Pattern construction, with 4 additional cross-weave stitches within each mesh. It is a STRONG and most importantly VERSATILE netting, with its primary applications being:
- Small Mesh Anti Bird Netting (perfect for excluding smaller birds and similar)
- A light weight and affordable Quality Bird netting for Vineyards / Orchards
- Added Hail Protection due to the X-Weave pattern (whilst keeping a very low Shade Percentage)
The main benefit of the X-weave design is to allow the mesh size to be reduced for small birds and hail, whilst keeping weight and overall shade creation to a minimum. An additional benefit is that the mesh size ensures that the product is legal within the laws of Victoria as per below.
- Colour: Black or White
- Manufacture: 380D High Density Polyethylene Knotless
- Overall Mesh Size: 18mm x 18mm (+ 4 additional interior Cross Weaves reducing openings to <5mm)
- GSM (Grams per Sq Metre) : 40
- UV Treated w/- Mesh Breaking Strength 7KgF
- Small Mesh Anti Bird Netting
- Quality Bird netting for Vineyards / Orchards
- Added Hail Protection due to the X-Weave pattern
- 10m x 5m
- 10m x 10m
- 100m x 5m
- 50m x 10m
- 50m x 17.5m
- 100m x 17.5m
New Regulations now apply to the purchase and use of bird netting in the state of Victoria. In Victoria, it is prohibited to purchase and use bird netting with an aperture size greater than 5mm x 5mm at full stretch to protect household fruiting plants.
This bird netting IS therefore suitable for use in Victoria for ALL applications as the openings have been designed to be 5mm.
Shipping & Returns
ShippingWhat locations do you ship to?
We ship throughout Australia. All orders are sent from our warehouse in Sydney, NSW.How long will my order take to arrive?
Orders are generally shipped the same or next business day.
Standard delivery times:
- Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane: 1 to 2 days
- Country NSW: 3 days
- North QLD: 5 days
- Adelaide: 3 days
- Perth & Tasmania: 5 days
Please note that delivery times may vary, especially in rural or remote areas. The above times are a guide only.
During promotions and peak times (spring/summer), dispatch may take longer than 2 days. If there are any extended delays on an order for any reason, we will contact you via email or phone.Which freight company will deliver my parcel, and what if I’m not home?
We use a range of carriers and determine the most appropriate service to suit your order.
Every order we send has tracking, so you can track the progress of your delivery. If you have a specific courier requirement, simply enter it in the special instructions section of the website checkout.
If you are not likely to be home at the time of delivery, you have two options:
- Have the courier driver leave a "failed to deliver" card. You can then contact the freight company and reschedule delivery for a suitable time, or collect it from your local post office (if sent via Australia Post).
- Request the driver to "leave" the parcel in a safe place, such as at the front door or through the side gate. You can give your "authority to leave" in the special instructions section of the website checkout.
Our online shopping cart will automatically calculate your freight cost based on your order size and location.
Importantly, the shopping cart will show you the freight cost BEFORE you commit to the purchase. Our volume ensures we receive excellent shipping rates from most carriers, and we don't charge any additional handling or processing fees.
We offer a full 100% refund for all stock items that have not been used or altered. This applies to items that HAVE NOT been cut to your specification, such as unopened rolls of netting, clips, turnbuckles, etc. If you accidentally over-order on accessories that you don't end up using, you can return them for a full refund. Return shipping is at the buyer's expense.
For any items that have been cut "by-the-meter", such as netting, rope, or wire, we will refund 50% of the sale price, assuming the item has not been used or altered. For example, if you purchased 16m of netting by-the-meter but decided not to use it for any reason, you could return the netting for a 50% refund. However, if you used 10 of the 16m supplied, you cannot return the excess 6m that you no longer require.
Any items deemed faulty will be accepted for a full refund. We have a customer-first service mentality, so if you're not happy with your product or service for any reason, contact us for assistance.