A complete net and post package, suitable for Backyard Cricket Practice at a high level. If you’ve got a suitable area, this will definitely help take yours (or your kids) game to the next level. It will stop the ball going over the fence as often, and is designed to last many years. This is a seriously high quality net, designed to be left outdoors all year. The package is affordable, and the posts are conveniently Semi-Permanent. It is FUN, FUN, FUN… Setup your children with a Bowling Machine perhaps, and watch their game go to the next level in the convenience & safety of your own backyard.
What’s included & is it suitable for my yard?
This item is the complete Cricket Cage package. Selecting this option gets you:
• Netting: A high quality 10m x 3m (h) x 3m (w) “1-piece” design cricket Cage, with all edges and finishes crafted to a very high standard. It has tie ropes in each corner, and has a 5m half-length roof.
• Support Wires: 2 Stainless Steel Wires are included for EACH post, along with Heavy Duty pegs for securing to your grass surface.
Select this option if you plan to create a very high quality Cricket Cage in your backyard.
• 6 Support Posts (Choice between Turf Ground Spike, H-Shaped Base Stand or 4m Heavy Duty 80mm Net Support Post)
- Turf Ground Spike: 3m high, 32mm Steel Tube, finished in gloss black for a sleek finish. They come with included Turf/Grass Spikes and are a simple 4-piece “Click-Lock” type of assembly.
- H-Shaped Base Stand: 3m high, 38mm Steel Tube, finished in gloss black for a sleek finish. The post comes with included heavy duty H-Shaped base stand and a simple 4-piece “Click-Lock” type of assembly.
4m Heavy Duty 80mm Net Support Post: 1 Heavy Support Post: Steel Post, finished in black for a sleek finish. These posts are a Heavy Duty option for suspending sports (and other) netting products. A 1 piece heavy duty steel product, they are designed to be concreted into the ground as part of a permanent setup. Pad Eye attachment & other accessories seen in photo are NOT included.
- 4m overall length
- 80mm x 80mm hollow Square (2mm thickness)
- Weight: 16kg
- Each post comes with a plastic top cap
- Steel Post, finished in gloss black for a sleek finish. They are a 1 piece post.
• Have Grass/turf where you plan for your cage to be setup. (The Turf Ground Spike have a turf/spike on the bottom so cannot therefore be attached onto a Hard Surface)
• Have a hard surface (driveway, pavers, concrete etc) where you plan for your cage to be setup. The H-Shaped Base Stand can be set up and secured with our guide wires or by bolting the base stand into the surface.
• Looking for a more semi-permanent type of installation (put it up just during Cricket Season OR leave it up all year round.. it’s up to you).
• Have enough space to fit the cage, as well as some surrounding space for the pole support wires.
Complete Backyard Cricket Cage
This cage is made of the same netting material as our standard cricket net panels, ensuring it is designed for permanent outdoor use, even for adults at a high level. The size has been reduced compared to the other cages, making it an ideal option for residential spaces where size may be limited.
Being open ended, it allows for full length run up of bowlers, similar to your traditional cricket-nets setup. All edges are professionally finished with 6mm overlock stitched rope, and tie ropes are conveniently positioned for tying onto your frame or wire supports. This particular cage offers high quality in a convenient backyard size.
The net is all 1-piece (you don't need to join all the panels together)
• Loosely hung Curtain net at rear of cage behind batter
• Made of Heavy Duty 2mm (36ply) High Density Polyethylene
• UV treated - Suitable for permanent outdoor use
• 44mm Square Mesh Size
• Overlocked and stitched 6mm rope borders on all edges
• Attachment ropes in corners
• Roof Extends Half Way only (suitable for spin bowling practice)
Support Posts Specifications:
This cage comes with 6 Support Posts with a choice between Turf Ground Spike, H-Shaped Base Stand or 4m Heavy Duty 80mm Net Support Post.
Turf Ground Spike: The posts are made from 32mm Steel Tube, finished in gloss black for a sleek finish. They come in 4 parts, and use a simple “Click-Lock” type of assembly.
They come with a Turf/Grass Spike at the base, making them suitable ONLY for installation on Grass/Turf areas. (If your grassed area is dry, making it hard… you may be required to prepare the turf prior to installation. The spikes are designed for insertion to medium to soft grass surfaces only, with excessive force being used to insert into hard surfaces potentially damaging the spikes.)
H-Shaped Base Stand: 3m high, 38mm Steel Tube, finished in gloss black for a sleek finish. The post comes with included heavy duty H-Shaped base stand and a simple 4-piece “Click-Lock” type of assembly.
Both posts are finished at the top with a plastic cap, and have a Support-Wire eyelet included.
The support wires are stainless steel, and are coated in nylon to make them soft to the touch. There are two wires for each post, and they simply attach to the eyelet at the top of each post using the included 316 Grade Stainless Steel Carabiner.
The support wires are then taken down to the surrounding grassed area to ensure the post stability. We include 1 Peg per wire, and they are a VERY HEAVY duty peg designed to hold their position over a long period of time.
4m Heavy Duty 80mm Net Support Post: 1 Heavy Support Post: Steel Post, finished in black for a sleek finish. These posts are a Heavy Duty option for suspending sports (and other) netting products. A 1 piece heavy duty steel product, they are designed to be concreted into the ground as part of a permanent setup.
Bulk and Wholesale inquiries are welcomed on this range of product.
Could not fault the speedy delivery (even 2 weeks before christmas!) and the nets and poles are great quality but some instructions in the box or perhaps a QR code to link me to a guide to assemble would have been the icing on the cake.
Great net strong construction. Extra rope easy to tie off.
Great item. Shipped fast.
We haven’t unrolled the net as it is a Xmas gift for our boys but I’m hoping it’s still in one piece!! The courier left the plastic-wrapped net just inside our gate & before we arrived home from work - our dog had chewed all the plastic off!!
Not too bad. Instructions are vague but once that was sorted, the net looks and performs superbly.
Shipping & Returns
ShippingWhat locations do you ship to?
We ship throughout Australia. All orders are sent from our warehouse in Sydney, NSW.How long will my order take to arrive?
Orders are generally shipped the same or next business day.
Standard delivery times:
- Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane: 1 to 2 days
- Country NSW: 3 days
- North QLD: 5 days
- Adelaide: 3 days
- Perth & Tasmania: 5 days
Please note that delivery times may vary, especially in rural or remote areas. The above times are a guide only.
During promotions and peak times (spring/summer), dispatch may take longer than 2 days. If there are any extended delays on an order for any reason, we will contact you via email or phone.Which freight company will deliver my parcel, and what if I’m not home?
We use a range of carriers and determine the most appropriate service to suit your order.
Every order we send has tracking, so you can track the progress of your delivery. If you have a specific courier requirement, simply enter it in the special instructions section of the website checkout.
If you are not likely to be home at the time of delivery, you have two options:
- Have the courier driver leave a "failed to deliver" card. You can then contact the freight company and reschedule delivery for a suitable time, or collect it from your local post office (if sent via Australia Post).
- Request the driver to "leave" the parcel in a safe place, such as at the front door or through the side gate. You can give your "authority to leave" in the special instructions section of the website checkout.
Our online shopping cart will automatically calculate your freight cost based on your order size and location.
Importantly, the shopping cart will show you the freight cost BEFORE you commit to the purchase. Our volume ensures we receive excellent shipping rates from most carriers, and we don't charge any additional handling or processing fees.
We offer a full 100% refund for all stock items that have not been used or altered. This applies to items that HAVE NOT been cut to your specification, such as unopened rolls of netting, clips, turnbuckles, etc. If you accidentally over-order on accessories that you don't end up using, you can return them for a full refund. Return shipping is at the buyer's expense.
For any items that have been cut "by-the-meter", such as netting, rope, or wire, we will refund 50% of the sale price, assuming the item has not been used or altered. For example, if you purchased 16m of netting by-the-meter but decided not to use it for any reason, you could return the netting for a 50% refund. However, if you used 10 of the 16m supplied, you cannot return the excess 6m that you no longer require.
Any items deemed faulty will be accepted for a full refund. We have a customer-first service mentality, so if you're not happy with your product or service for any reason, contact us for assistance.